While social media may get all the buzz in the marketing world, when it comes to boosting ecommerce sales, statistics show that email is still more effective. Data from trade organization the Direct Marketing Association show that email outperforms social media advertising by three to one when measured in sales per advertising dollar spent. This year alone, during the key Black Friday-Cyber Monday weekend, the number of online shoppers who bought something after visiting an ecommerce site from a social networking site declined by 26 percent compared to 2011, IBM Digital Analytics Benchmark reported. On both Black Friday and Cyber Monday, “social sales” accounted for less than 0.5 percent of all online sales.
Who Voted for this Story
If you want to know how becoming a contributing member of BizSugar.com and a member of our BizSugar community on … MoreMore Contributors
- 14 Actionable Ways To Get Out Of Your Rut
- Facebook Ads vs Promoted Posts: A Side-by-Side Comparison — socialmouths
- Is Your Website Too Pushy, or Not Pushy Enough?
- Which Web 2.0 sites are getting Google Love?
- Inspiration Without Perspiration is a Dull Startup