While social media may get all the buzz in the marketing world, when it comes to boosting ecommerce sales, statistics show that email is still more effective. Data from trade organization the Direct Marketing Association show that email outperforms social media advertising by three to one when measured in sales per advertising dollar spent. This year alone, during the key Black Friday-Cyber Monday weekend, the number of online shoppers who bought something after visiting an ecommerce site from a social networking site declined by 26 percent compared to 2011, IBM Digital Analytics Benchmark reported. On both Black Friday and Cyber Monday, “social sales” accounted for less than 0.5 percent of all online sales.
Who Voted for this Story
She may work as a full-time director of marketing by day. But in her spare time, Jenn Herman likes teaching small … MoreMore Contributors
- Spring Clean Your Small Business
- The four-step formula for more powerful marketing and advertising
- How To Promote New Blog Posts For Traffic, Comments And Social Shares
- Why Twitter's New Design is Great for Local Businesses
- Beware of Heartbleeds Security Threat on Your Business - Terry Culkin