While social media may get all the buzz in the marketing world, when it comes to boosting ecommerce sales, statistics show that email is still more effective. Data from trade organization the Direct Marketing Association show that email outperforms social media advertising by three to one when measured in sales per advertising dollar spent. This year alone, during the key Black Friday-Cyber Monday weekend, the number of online shoppers who bought something after visiting an ecommerce site from a social networking site declined by 26 percent compared to 2011, IBM Digital Analytics Benchmark reported. On both Black Friday and Cyber Monday, “social sales” accounted for less than 0.5 percent of all online sales.
Who Voted for this Story
September 5, 2014
While health care reform hasn’t gone into full swing mode yet, your business can lay a firm foundation for 2015 by following …Sponsored By Aflac
Carol Amato launched her business career the old fashioned way, starting from the ground up. Right out of high … MoreMore Contributors
- You\'ll Market Better and Be More Persuasive Knowing These 10 Brain Facts
- You\'re Never Too Old to Start a Successful Business
- 6 Resources You Need To Create A Lead-Generating Business Blog Today - Tweak Your Biz
- Client Story: Business Benefits of a WordPress Change-Over
- What Online Poker Can Teach You About Business -- Seriously!