While social media may get all the buzz in the marketing world, when it comes to boosting ecommerce sales, statistics show that email is still more effective. Data from trade organization the Direct Marketing Association show that email outperforms social media advertising by three to one when measured in sales per advertising dollar spent. This year alone, during the key Black Friday-Cyber Monday weekend, the number of online shoppers who bought something after visiting an ecommerce site from a social networking site declined by 26 percent compared to 2011, IBM Digital Analytics Benchmark reported. On both Black Friday and Cyber Monday, “social sales” accounted for less than 0.5 percent of all online sales.
Who Voted for this Story
You can take the CEO out of the corporation, but you can't take the leadership out of the CEO. At least, that is … MoreMore Contributors
- Own A Business? Here's How To Write Off Your Next Vacation - Forbes
- Why your Small Business Can’t Afford to Neglect Customer Service
- Millennials and Boomers’ Retail Shopping Attitudes: They’re More Alike Than You Think
- Facebook Fraud Killed Your Fan Page Engagement: Here Are 3 Ways How To Get It Back
- 6 Ways to Get a Bigger Tax Refund