While social media may get all the buzz in the marketing world, when it comes to boosting ecommerce sales, statistics show that email is still more effective. Data from trade organization the Direct Marketing Association show that email outperforms social media advertising by three to one when measured in sales per advertising dollar spent. This year alone, during the key Black Friday-Cyber Monday weekend, the number of online shoppers who bought something after visiting an ecommerce site from a social networking site declined by 26 percent compared to 2011, IBM Digital Analytics Benchmark reported. On both Black Friday and Cyber Monday, “social sales” accounted for less than 0.5 percent of all online sales.
Who Voted for this Story
September 5, 2014
While health care reform hasn’t gone into full swing mode yet, your business can lay a firm foundation for 2015 by following …Sponsored By Aflac
If you've ever worried that your small business is outdistanced and outclassed by the huge corporate giants around you, … MoreMore Contributors
- 2014 Bot Traffic Report : \"Bots now account for 56% of all website traffic\"
- 10 Reasons Why People Are Not Engaging with Your Business on Facebook?
- Key Sales Management Actions To Prepare for 2015 (#video)
- Podcast Episode 101: Your 2015 Content Marketing Strategy: The Final Push —Resonance Content
- Santa goes digital! 6 new Christmas present delivery secrets revealed