Depending on who you ask you might be told that blog commenting is no longer a relevant SEO tactic. While it’s true that blog comments may be “no follow”, that doesn’t mean that you should ditch blog commenting altogether. The correct link building approach to take is to build a wide variety of links that include both “follow” and “no follow”. While the search engines might not crawl the “no follow” link, they are still seeing it. A link portfolio that is mostly follow links looks suspicious since it’s not natural. In addition to SEO benefits, it’s important to look at link building as a promotional tool.
Matt Telfer loves marketing. Though today he works for one of the U.K.'s largest domain and hosting companies, he … MoreMore Contributors
- The Top 10 Franchises For 2014 According To Entrepreneur® Magazine
- 5 Time Saving Strategies for Social Media Success
- Internet Marketing Is Already Working For You
- Can You Change Your Company’s Rhythm?
- Should you get a custom URL for your Google+ Page?