This article focuses on another important benefit: monitoring licensees and franchisees to make sure they are making proper use of your trademarks. Now, before you stop reading because you think this doesn't apply to your business, let me just say that the number and types of business to which this applies are larger than you might think. Federal law requires trademark owners to monitor licensees' use of their trademarks (it's true, and few small business owners know this), and failure to do so can actually lead to a determination that the trademarks have been "abandoned." Once a trademark is deemed abandoned exclusive rights are lost, and the possibility of regaining exclusivity is next to none.
Please say hello to Niall Devitt, our new Community Manager here at BizSugar. Many of you know Niall from … MoreMore Contributors
- Facebook Ads vs Promoted Posts: A Side-by-Side Comparison — socialmouths
- 10 Quick Actions You Can Do Right Now to Get More Referral Traffic
- Which Web 2.0 sites are getting Google Love?
- 14 Actionable Ways To Get Out Of Your Rut
- Inspiration Without Perspiration is a Dull Startup