Small business owners need more than great skills to be successful. They need the proper strategy.You may know how to use Facebook and other social media correctly, how to set up a blog, and how to create a newsletter, explains Jim Connelly. But unless you have a strategy for combining all these elements to generate a growing revenue, it won't help. So the key is not simply to have the necessary skills to make your business work. It's knowing how to combine those skills into a workable strategy that brings you success.

Sponsored Content


Comments


Written by lyceum
610 days ago

Another great example of the Pareto principle in action! And as Paul Cox (Spinlessplates) is saying: Ideas in action will give results! :)



Written by HeatherStone
613 days ago

Hi Jim,

Sometimes the best strategies are the simplest, even if they take some time to work out and need periodic modification. This doesn't always require you to possess the highest possible skill level, simply a good handle on how to implement the strategy and measure its effectiveness over time.



Written by spinlessplates
613 days ago

Brilliant article using the 80:20 rule to highlight difference between knowledge and strategy

Although let's not forget that both added together are only 20% of the result, the other 80% is the doing

Knowing plus strategy without action gives no results



Log in to comment or register here.

Free, Fast & Easy: A new way to communicate benefits to employees

  We know that as a small business owner, you have your hands full. Aflac has made it easier for you to communicate …
Subscribe

Join Us for the Brother CreativeCenter "Back to Business" Twitter Chat

We're looking forward to some great networking and fun during the Brother Creative "Back to Business" Twitter Chat 2 … More
Editor's Picks

Post your small business video to BizSugar today!
It's time to up your game with video on BizSugar!
Did you know you can now post video on BizSugar?
Have you tried BizSugar's new video posting feature?