With Zara founder Amancio Ortega now ranked as the world’s third richest man after Carlos Slim Helu and Bill Gates, it’s a good time to take a look at the disruptive growth strategy he used to build the company into a global retail juggernaut. If you are not familiar with the brand think of Zara as the European version of The Gap where you can find affordably-priced copies of the more expensive brand’s collections. Zara is known for “fast fashion” wherein the focus is on making a profit with many short run collections that often sell out within a month rather than the traditional model wherein a company introduces just one or two collections per year.
Who Voted for this Story
There was a time when a graduate from journalism school dreamt of nothing so much as landing that first beat reporter … MoreMore Contributors
- Your Business Website Should be Generating Revenue
- Your Business Should Run Smoothly When You're Not Around
- 50 Motivational Sales Quotes To Get You Pumped Up
- 10 Content Marketers Reveal Their Secrets
- My favorite business book of all time -- must read for leaders!