Almost every “start your own business” guide out there seems to have one piece of advice in common: you MUST have a business plan. In order to grow a successful business, they say, you need to have every aspect planned before you start. While I agree that this may be true for someone who will be launching a full-scale small business that they will rely on as their sole income, but for those of us starting a business part time on the side, a business plan is a waste of time. Before you start writing a nasty comment telling me I'm doomed to failure for not properly planning my business, let me present my case.
If you want to know what not to do when starting a business, Rahul Varshneya is your go to guy. Of course, he can also … MoreMore Contributors
- Top 5 Reasons to Shut Your Mouth
- The A to Z Guide to PR Entrepreneurship
- 10 Quick Actions You Can Do Right Now to Get More Referral Traffic
- The Struggles Entrepreneurs Face (And How to Beat Them)
- Is Your Website Too Pushy, or Not Pushy Enough?