Sigmund Freud’s pleasure principle isn’t exactly rocket science but it’s easy to forget. Essentially it says every action we take is an effort to feel better, either by seeking pleasure or avoiding pain. Avoiding pain usually takes priority and often takes the form of procrastination. We put something off because we perceive it as a source of pain and find something more pleasant to do instead.
Who Voted for this Story
October 8, 2014
Today 4 in 10 women are the sole or primary breadwinners for their families,¹ and they do more than twice the amount …Sponsored By Aflac
Arthur Piccio, Public Relations and Small Business Coordinator for UPrinting, said he and the print shop he serves … MoreMore Contributors
- Steve Wozniak\'s bizarre confession
- To the Solopreneur: what happens to your business if you are temporarily incapacitated?
- How to Raise Rates (Without Ruining Your Client Relationships
- Safety on the Job – Importance of Small Business Safety Checklists
- 15 Tools for Documenting Internal Business Processes