Sigmund Freud’s pleasure principle isn’t exactly rocket science but it’s easy to forget. Essentially it says every action we take is an effort to feel better, either by seeking pleasure or avoiding pain. Avoiding pain usually takes priority and often takes the form of procrastination. We put something off because we perceive it as a source of pain and find something more pleasant to do instead.
Who Voted for this Story
October 8, 2014
Today 4 in 10 women are the sole or primary breadwinners for their families,¹ and they do more than twice the amount …Sponsored By Aflac
Daniel Kehrer has spent his career as a thought leader and in the trenches as an expert in small business and digital … MoreMore Contributors
- 6 Resources You Need To Create A Lead-Generating Business Blog Today - Tweak Your Biz
- What Online Poker Can Teach You About Business -- Seriously!
- You\'re Never Too Old to Start a Successful Business
- Client Story: Business Benefits of a WordPress Change-Over
- You\'ll Market Better and Be More Persuasive Knowing These 10 Brain Facts