We've all heard the advice. Follow your passion! Do what you love! It seems especially appropriate advice for those attempting to turn a hobby into a career or business. Here's the trouble, though. Not everything you love may make a good business. And, many of us may have more than one passion. So following this path may turn out to be a bit frustrating, says blogger and entrepreneur Penelope Trunk. Ever the provocateur, Trunk suggests we just forget the idea of doing what we love and look instead at how our skills can be used to match the business and lifestyle we are seeking to build. Is following your passion really the wrong advice in business? What do you think?
Who Voted for this Story
October 8, 2014
Today 4 in 10 women are the sole or primary breadwinners for their families,¹ and they do more than twice the amount …Sponsored By Aflac
Meet David Leonhardt, our most recent BizSugar "Contributor of the Week" on Facebook. It's a little recognition we … MoreMore Contributors
- Don\'t Miss Out, AM DAYS, ICON15 Happen This Week
- Don\'t Buy A Franchise Because You Can\'t Find A Job
- Make Your Website Mobile Search Friendly or Lose Google Rank
- How Valuable Are Stock Options Offered By A Startup?
- A Complete Beginner\'s Guide to Hiring the Best Virtual Assistant for your Investment Management - Wealth Noob