We've all heard the advice. Follow your passion! Do what you love! It seems especially appropriate advice for those attempting to turn a hobby into a career or business. Here's the trouble, though. Not everything you love may make a good business. And, many of us may have more than one passion. So following this path may turn out to be a bit frustrating, says blogger and entrepreneur Penelope Trunk. Ever the provocateur, Trunk suggests we just forget the idea of doing what we love and look instead at how our skills can be used to match the business and lifestyle we are seeking to build. Is following your passion really the wrong advice in business? What do you think?
Who Voted for this Story
All small business owners must get acquainted with marketing, but for Fiona McEachran it was a match made in … MoreMore Contributors
- Non-Traditional Work is the New Tradition
- Your first trade show booth – How do you get value out of the time and $ spent?
- Should you get a custom URL for your Google+ Page?
- What’s a paid link and How Google decides whether a link is paid or not
- Can You Change Your Company’s Rhythm?