We've all heard the advice. Follow your passion! Do what you love! It seems especially appropriate advice for those attempting to turn a hobby into a career or business. Here's the trouble, though. Not everything you love may make a good business. And, many of us may have more than one passion. So following this path may turn out to be a bit frustrating, says blogger and entrepreneur Penelope Trunk. Ever the provocateur, Trunk suggests we just forget the idea of doing what we love and look instead at how our skills can be used to match the business and lifestyle we are seeking to build. Is following your passion really the wrong advice in business? What do you think?
Who Voted for this Story
You may have heard this story before. Dedicated, experienced corporate professional grows tired of the lack of … MoreMore Contributors
- Is Your Website Too Pushy, or Not Pushy Enough?
- 14 Actionable Ways To Get Out Of Your Rut
- Facebook Ads vs Promoted Posts: A Side-by-Side Comparison — socialmouths
- Inspiration Without Perspiration is a Dull Startup
- The Struggles Entrepreneurs Face (And How to Beat Them)