We've all heard the advice. Follow your passion! Do what you love! It seems especially appropriate advice for those attempting to turn a hobby into a career or business. Here's the trouble, though. Not everything you love may make a good business. And, many of us may have more than one passion. So following this path may turn out to be a bit frustrating, says blogger and entrepreneur Penelope Trunk. Ever the provocateur, Trunk suggests we just forget the idea of doing what we love and look instead at how our skills can be used to match the business and lifestyle we are seeking to build. Is following your passion really the wrong advice in business? What do you think?
Who Voted for this Story
If you had asked Rachel Strella in June 2010 what she did for a living, she would have told you she worked in … MoreMore Contributors
- Changing the Company Mindset About Content Marketing
- Do I Need to Hire a Business Analyst
- Not blogging? You’re wasting your time on social media!
- The Ultimate Sales Compensation Question
- 7 Ways You Can Effectively Lose Social Media Followers