We've all heard the advice. Follow your passion! Do what you love! It seems especially appropriate advice for those attempting to turn a hobby into a career or business. Here's the trouble, though. Not everything you love may make a good business. And, many of us may have more than one passion. So following this path may turn out to be a bit frustrating, says blogger and entrepreneur Penelope Trunk. Ever the provocateur, Trunk suggests we just forget the idea of doing what we love and look instead at how our skills can be used to match the business and lifestyle we are seeking to build. Is following your passion really the wrong advice in business? What do you think?
Who Voted for this Story
May 13, 2014
We know that as a small business owner, you have your hands full. Aflac has made it easier for you to communicate …Sponsored By Aflac
Okay, we know how that sounds, but just listen for a minute. Laura is in the business of making the impossible … MoreMore Contributors
- Google and Twitch Means You Need A Video Marketing Plan
- New NLRB Ruling Could Change Franchising As We Know It
- Why You Shouldnt Be Afraid to Try Instagram and Snapchat
- #TYBtop10: Popular Business Experts On Tweak Your Biz
- Creating Crap At The Speed Of Light!