What's the purpose of your business plan? That depends on what you are using it for, says Clayton Christopher, founder and owner of Sweet Leaf Tea Company. Christopher says his company writes a new business plan every year but it isn't the kind used to raise money from investors. Though a document to raise money is one kind of business plan, another simply serves as a road map for your company in the coming year. It tells each employee what they should be aiming for and what your company is trying to achieve. If those goals change from year to year, that's OK, says Christopher. As your business tries new things, your goals will change and so must your business plan.
Who Voted for this Story
Though he had always had a a strong interest in entrepreneurship, it was a desire to be there for his wife and children … MoreMore Contributors
- Changing the Company Mindset About Content Marketing
- 14 Tips for Writing a Content Marketing Style Guide for Your Blog
- Do I Need to Hire a Business Analyst
- Not blogging? You’re wasting your time on social media!
- 7 Ways You Can Effectively Lose Social Media Followers