Are investors like produce suppliers to the restaurant that is your business? Think about this for a moment and then read the post by Venture Capital investor Brad Feld relating this interesting metaphor. I'm not sure I really agree with it completely. Though this may be because my brain keeps getting tangled around the idea that a restaurant as a business would pay for its produce. But what Brad is suggesting here is that we forget the idea of the restaurant as a business and look at it as a metaphor for your business. Just as your business can't make products or create services at a certain level without capital so a restaurant couldn't make dishes without ingredients brought by produce suppliers.
Who Voted for this Story
Though trained as a manufacturing engineer with a long and distinguished career in Corporate America, Jenny Bhatt found … MoreMore Contributors
- Not blogging? You’re wasting your time on social media!
- 7 Ways You Can Effectively Lose Social Media Followers
- Startup PR Tip: To Get Press, Don't Pitch Your Product
- 14 Tips for Writing a Content Marketing Style Guide for Your Blog
- 5 Factors that can Affect Your Small Business Success