By Caron Beesley. Alongside home ownership, early retirement is a long-held American dream. But in recent years, planning for retirement itself, let alone an early one, isn’t getting any easier. In 1991, half of all American workers planned to retire before they reached the age of 65. Today, that number has plunged to just 23 percent. But if you are 10-20 years away from your desired retirement age, there are still some things you can do now as a small business owner to make it easier for you to retire on your terms.
Who Voted for this Story
Though she is a consummate professional with years of experience in the corporate world, her business clients today all … MoreMore Contributors
- Overcoming Paralysis by Analysis
- Investors Seek Out Entrepreneurs With Resilience
- 6 Approaches to Problem Solving For You & Your Team
- Can Franchising Survive The Baby Boomers?
- Want More Loyal Customers? Just Smile!