With the closing of NBC's EveryBlock and Patch.com having trouble with profitability, local news sites are having a difficult time with their business models. The plethora of web and mobile advertising solutions, including location-based marketing, for local businesses means that local news sites will have a difficult time with advertising revenue.
Who Voted for this Story
If you've ever worried that your small business is outdistanced and outclassed by the huge corporate giants around you, … MoreMore Contributors
- Is Your Website Too Pushy, or Not Pushy Enough?
- Inspiration Without Perspiration is a Dull Startup
- 14 Actionable Ways To Get Out Of Your Rut
- The Struggles Entrepreneurs Face (And How to Beat Them)
- Which Web 2.0 sites are getting Google Love?