With the closing of NBC's EveryBlock and Patch.com having trouble with profitability, local news sites are having a difficult time with their business models. The plethora of web and mobile advertising solutions, including location-based marketing, for local businesses means that local news sites will have a difficult time with advertising revenue.
Who Voted for this Story
When it comes to starting a business, Tom Watson advises other entrepreneurs to do what he says, not necessarily follow … MoreMore Contributors
- 6 Ways to Get a Bigger Tax Refund
- Millennials and Boomers’ Retail Shopping Attitudes: They’re More Alike Than You Think
- 6 Phrases That'll Make You a Better Blogger
- Why your Small Business Can’t Afford to Neglect Customer Service
- Own A Business? Here's How To Write Off Your Next Vacation - Forbes