Here’s an analogy for link building that I’ve used in many of my SEO trainings—imagine that your website is like a car engine with a dead battery and you need to get it started. What do you do? Jumper cables of course! A white hat link building campaign serves as those jumper cables, stimulating activity and getting your website moving in the right direction. And car maintenance 101 says that once you jump a batter you have to let it run for a while to fully recharge, otherwise you’ll be stuck with a dead battery the next time you try to start your car. The same holds true for your link building—once you start you have to keep at it.
Who Voted for this Story
Whether you plan to start a new online business or are launching a blog as part of your company's online outreach, … MoreMore Contributors
- Your first trade show booth – How do you get value out of the time and $ spent?
- Stop Giving Customers Choices!
- Can You Change Your Company’s Rhythm?
- Non-Traditional Work is the New Tradition
- Should you get a custom URL for your Google+ Page?