I once got a frantic email from one of my former clients wanting to know why their organic traffic from Google had disappeared overnight. They had logged into their Google analytics account one morning to find their visitors had completely bottomed out—100% of their traffic was gone. Normally I would tell my SEO clients to not worry over slight dips in traffic but 100% is something that needs to be addressed right away. I spent the whole day coming through their site, Webmaster Tools and Analytics account trying to figure out what had happened. The traffic loss didn’t coincide with any Google updates, so I knew that wasn’t an issue. There weren’t any penalties or messages from Google in their Webmaster account and the site was properly indexed—so where had things gone so wrong?
If you've ever worried that your small business is outdistanced and outclassed by the huge corporate giants around you, … MoreMore Contributors
- Marketing to Millennials: Welcome to The Participation Economy
- 40 ways you can reward your brand fans right now
- Overcoming Paralysis by Analysis
- Can Franchising Survive The Baby Boomers?
- Investors Seek Out Entrepreneurs With Resilience