It's The Empathy, Stupid! - Why Entrepreneurs Can Be Jerks

It's The Empathy, Stupid! - Why Entrepreneurs Can Be Jerks Avatar Posted by UPmarketArt under News
From http://smallbusiness.uprinting.com 1137 days ago
Made Hot by: Squawk Media on August 17, 2013 3:21 am
Are you an empathetic manager? Chances are you aren’t.

Read on to find how this article can (literally!) make you a better person.

Comments

Written by Plimco
1130 days ago

Good words that I "empathize" with entirely. Absolute power corrupts absolutely... but smaller amounts of power can make people into unfeeling dictators. It has been said to gauge a man, give him a bit of power and see how he handles it. So many fail...

Written by UPmarketArt
1129 days ago

I feel you can also see this in how someone treats service people. If I see someone treat service people like dirt, it's a huge red flag for me. Thanks for reading!

Written by HeatherStone
1137 days ago

Hi Art,

I'm wondering if you have any personal experiences with those who lack empathy in business, an anecdote, if you will, with names withheld to protect the innocent. I think it would be great if you could share them with the whole community over at BizSugar.

Written by UPmarketArt
1129 days ago

Hi Heather,

That's an interesting idea. I feel we all have those stories. Will consider pitching that to the rest of our content team soon. :)

Log in to comment or register here.

Give millennials a reason to stay - The benefits that can help you retain young talent

Job-changing is fast and furious in the early years of millennials’ careers: Young adults born in the early ‘80s …

Holly Hanna: Facebook "Contributor of the Week"

Say hello to Holly Hanna, our first BizSugar Facebook "Contributor of the Week." Holly has always wanted to be a … More
Editor's Picks

It's time to up your game with video on BizSugar!
Post your small business video to BizSugar today!
Did you know you can now post video on BizSugar?
Have you tried BizSugar's new video posting feature?