Data from Nielsen Online sheds some new light on the matter that is so important to merchants—online and offline—during the busy holiday shopping season. In an online survey of nearly 1,000 shoppers, 81% indicated that the ability to shop anytime during the day was why they chose to shop online during the holiday season. With 77% of respondents, saving time was the next most popular reason to shop online. Next came the ability to comparison shop (61%), followed by finding merchandise easily (56%). Only 46% of respondents cited low prices as a reason to shop online. Even fewer, 24%, claimed to be attracted by low shipping costs. So convenience beat pricing hands down, right? Well, it depends.
Who Voted for this Story
If you want to know how becoming a contributing member of BizSugar.com and a member of our BizSugar community on … MoreMore Contributors
- 7 Ways You Can Effectively Lose Social Media Followers
- What is Social Marketing? (Make Sure You Really Know)
- 14 Tips for Writing a Content Marketing Style Guide for Your Blog
- The Ultimate Sales Compensation Question
- 5 Factors that can Affect Your Small Business Success