Once the trademark registration certificate comes in the mail, many people do not realize that this is not the end of the process with the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Trademark registrations expire if not timely renewed, and allowing a registration for a trademark still in use to expire can have significant consequences for the value and longevity of the brand. Since the filing and legal fees for maintaining registrations are fairly modest, preserving this possibility is usually a good idea.
Who Voted for this Story
Meet our most recent BizSugar "Contributor of the Week" on Facebook Jim Armstrong of Get Busy Media. Jim not only runs … MoreMore Contributors
- Top 5 Reasons to Shut Your Mouth
- Which Web 2.0 sites are getting Google Love?
- The Struggles Entrepreneurs Face (And How to Beat Them)
- 14 Actionable Ways To Get Out Of Your Rut
- Inspiration Without Perspiration is a Dull Startup