From the page: "This is, however, not the way accountability gets results. In the day-to-day activities of business, where all the work gets done, 'hold them accountable' is useless as a management practice. It offers no guidance on how to use accountability to build a successful path from point A to point B. It just prescribes what to do with rewards and punishments when the clock runs out. It offers no process for reconciling competing objectives, for making sure bad decisions are not made just to make “the numbers” look good."
Gee Ranasinha has always had a good eye both for great photographs and for future trends in business. Today, Ranasinha … MoreMore Contributors
- 6 Approaches to Problem Solving For You & Your Team
- How To Drive Alignment Between Sales & Marketing
- Overcoming Paralysis by Analysis
- Want More Loyal Customers? Just Smile!
- Investors Seek Out Entrepreneurs With Resilience