Before writing a succession plan off as just another tough decision, consider this: While 81 percent of family owned businesses want the business to stay in the family, studies have shown that without a succession plan in place, 70 percent of family businesses don’t survive to the second generation.
Who Voted for this Story
If you're a small business owner or entrepreneur just getting started or running a successful business and seeking … MoreMore Contributors
- Team Member Competency Is Critical To Your Startup
- Beware of Heartbleeds Security Threat on Your Business - Terry Culkin
- Why Twitter's New Design is Great for Local Businesses
- How To Promote New Blog Posts For Traffic, Comments And Social Shares
- The four-step formula for more powerful marketing and advertising